Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Unsubscribe

I've been cleaning out my email clutter.
Last week, when we went on our little family getaway, I left my phone behind or turned it off most of the time. The goal was for me to unplug a bit. I will admit that I am terrible about over-checking my email. For real, I will check it, and then immediately recheck it. Sometimes I check it without even paying attention. I won't even open any emails, I just look to see if there are any.
Usually when I wake up in the morning, I have around 65 new emails that were sent overnight. Of those 65, I might actually want to read two of them.

My inbox is flooded with contradictions. One states ideas for raising children to be empowered rather than entitled, the next two will show off the "must have" toy for only $150 or that "gotta have it" back to school item.
I get recipes for cheap and easy meals and then have to read about how to lose those last five pounds. I sit and read about how to simplify and enjoy the little things, then drool over vacation packages and clothes that I can't afford.
How to clean my house in only 15 minutes a day? I can't even sift through my emails in 15 minutes.

Enough!!

I've quite enjoyed unsubscribing and highly recommend it. It has lightened my emotional load considerably. I can't believe it took me so long to do it. I am choosing to live my life, rather than read about what I "should" be doing. Enough with the self help. I'm going to help myself to what is out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment