Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Sirens of WalMart

WalMart may be my undoing.


I did go yesterday because we needed some necessities. I swear, it involved underwear and sheets, that's all you need to know . That's when I came across this beauty.


Isn't she lovely?
And totally unnecessary.


It's just so cute I can hardly stand it. Why in the world would I need this? Well, it is over $5, if you will notice. Plus, I can make my grocery list and have it hanging on my fridge! Then, look! It has a little place to write out my menu!
This product promises me that I will be organized. I will be one of those awesome moms who does everything so well and looks cute doing it too. That's what I'm trying to buy here.

Oh.


That isn't me. That isn't anybody real. Whether my grocery list is on a piece of notebook paper or on a cutsie preprinted pad, it doesn't matter. I will still buy the same groceries. I will still look at my menu and sigh because I don't feel like cooking that night.
I will even probably still tell my kids to fend for themselves while I crawl into bed, eat too many carbs and feel pathetic because I'm not one of those moms who has it all together.


Great, now I'm depressed.
I didn't buy it, by the way. Now, I actually glad that I didn't. After only one week, I'm beginning to see where I was sabatoging myself.
What items do you buy that end up mocking you and making you feel inadequate?

No comments:

Post a Comment