Friday, August 31, 2012

Rockin' the Plumber's Crack

According to the all knowing information highway known as YouTube, putting in a new kitchen faucet is one of the easiest things that you can do as far as DIY projects. 
This is a lie, I am a badass and anyone who says anything different is lying
This was me this weekend. 
I put in a new faucet and I have to admit that I feel like a rock star. 

I was trying to fix the leaky kitchen faucet. It was leaking underneath the cabinet and I really thought that I could get out of buying an entire new faucet, but I am actually really glad that I went the new route. 



The new faucet is so much better than the builder's one that was here before. Of course, if I were a good blogger, I would have remembered to take that all important before photo. But I didn't. I don't really think that the two people who read this blog actually expect too much out of me. 

Thank goodness.
(Please take a moment to notice the mess in the background of this photo. That's why I don't write a How to Clean Your House in Just 12 Minutes a Day blog.)


If you would like to come to my house and try out my new faucet by washing some dishes please let me know, but hurry, this offer won't last forever. 


Speaking of rocking some plumbers cleavage...

I did purchase some things this week after I finally cleaned out the pants in my closet and got rid of the ones that no longer fit. Did you know that you can't will yourself into a smaller size of jeans by staring at them and eating Ritz straight from the box? 

Trust me on this.  



So, I bought a new pair of pants. A pair that fit and I didn't care what the number on the tag said. I am not going to punish myself because I am not the size that I think I should be.
I actually broke up with my scale this week. We are no longer on speaking terms, but that's another post for another time. 

Here is my pile for the donation truck this week. 


I brought in:
new faucet
pair of jeans for me
tank top for me (white, no coffee stains)
new black sweater
pair of shorts for The Boss
sweater for The Boss


Do you remember when I bought this
 and told you it was for a project?


Well, I sat that little paint can on the counter and promptly forgot about it. 
will hope to actually get to that project this weekend. 


It's amazing to me that getting rid of clothes that are to small for me can actually make me feel lighter. 

What about you? Did you let go of any baggage this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment