Friday, August 24, 2012

Love is...not eating all of his birthday cupcakes

I love my Keurig. Seriously love it.
It's so convenient. Whether I want a fresh cup of coffee at 5:30 a.m. before a run or at 5:30 p.m. when I start to drag before making dinner.
I do not feel good, however about all the waste it generates. I hate throwing away those little cups. I normally open the cups and compost the coffee at the very least. 
While drunken grocery shopping this weekend, Mr. Challenge and I decided to try out one of the reusable brew cups. 
It isn't nearly as convenient as just grabbing a prepacked cup, but there is no waste now! It's very easy to fill, use and empty and I don't have all that guilt anymore. 


This week was Mr. Challenge's birthday. I love birthdays. Maybe even more than I love coffee.
It's a wonderful excuse to bake things that have no business being in my house. Case in point:

I found these Snickers cupcakes on Pinterest and they were incredible. They were also filled with a homemade mousse. 
You can find the link to the recipe here. 
They weren't that hard to make, but totally looked like I had gone all out.  


 Even Lola could tell that they were amazing. 


No, I didn't give her any, but she was under my feet until I gave in and fed her some peanut butter.


For his birthday, I gave Mr. Challenge a Chillow. Have you heard of these? I ordered mine through Drugstore.com, but you can get them all over the Internet. 


It's a cooling pack that you fill with water and then insert into your pillow. It's like flipping your pillow to the cool side all night long. I am constantly flipping my pillow over, so I purchased one for myself as well. It is supposed to help you sleep better. We shall see. I spent today filling it with water (this bad boy holds NINE cups of water) and then getting air bubbles out.
I thought it was a good gift in that it doesn't add any clutter (we just tuck them into our pillowcases) and it is supposed to help us get that much needed, and sometimes elusive, rest.

I'll let you know how it works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment