Friday, October 14, 2011

100 days

Actually, it's been 104 days, but I was sick and didn't blog.

So, here are my thoughts about where I stand on my challenge.

I miss shopping, like for real. I miss the thrill of the hunt, I miss the smell of new things.

I think that I am using shopping for other people as an excuse to buy things and bring them into my home.

The clutter is not leaving fast enough. I only have 261 days left and I want my house to be noticeably more empty. I still have not found the pictures of my brother that I lost somewhere in the house.
The incident which started this whole process.

I want new Halloween decorations, but I don't need them. I have two boxes of decorations and probably one entire box needs to be thrown out. Things are old, dated, broken, never used. (sounds like some people I know)

So, how do I fix this?

First of all, blog more. Write about my feelings more often and get this stuff out there. I know there have to be other people who feel the way I do. Lost in a sea of my own useless crap.

Give more. Get rid of stuff. Piles of it, pieces of it, stinking piles of it.

Take more pictures of my progress so that I know I am moving forward.

Be honest.
I want to cheat, there is no doubt about that, but i need to remind myself that there will be new decorations to buy next year. I need to purge the things that I don't love to make way for things that I do love.
Less quantity and more quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment