Saturday, October 15, 2011

T.J. Must Not Buy

So, we got The Boss her new Halloween costume. I was able to avoid buying anything else at the costume store, but those styrofoam tombstones were calling my name.

Seriously.

Instead I settled on buying some flowers for the front yard. No clutter and when they die (which they will), into the trash they go!

Then we went to T.J. Maxx. Probably not the smartest thing to do when my resolve is wavering, but I've never claimed to be brilliant.
Well, actually...

I'm strong, I'm steely, no bargain is going-WAIT!
Are those orange pillows? They would totally hide the stains and claw marks all over my couches and make them look brand new. I know they would!
I stood there and held them for the longest time.

Then I remembered that I had some orange fabric in my closet. Yep, that orange fabric that has been in there for four years, that's the stuff. I'll just go home and make new pillows.

I am such a stud.

You know this isn't going to end well, right?
The orange fabric that was in my closet was actually orange felt. With cats on it.
Luckily the pieces were too small to make a pillow out of it or I would have done it just because I wasn't able to buy new ones.
Look what I made honey!

I tossed the fabric into the donation bin and jumped on the treadmill to try to make peace with the fact that I will not have new orange pillows.

Wait.

Where did that orange cat go?

No comments:

Post a Comment