Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The High Cost of Low Prices

3 more days until the start of my challenge.

We went to WalMart today.
I thought that it was important for a few days to capture my normal spending habits so that there would be something to compare to when I am cheering myself on for only getting what is on my list.

We went in for two simple things.
Diet Mt. Dew
toilet paper

We came out with

toilet paper
Kleenex
turkey jerky
a pencil sharpener
a manual lemon juicer
coffee
beer
razors
sugar free hazelnut syrup
and a large $13 stuffed bird

Do I even need to write more today? Bear in mind that I positively despise walking into that place. Everything about it overstimulates me. The lights, the overstuffed shelves, the crowded aisles. Even as I type this, I can feel my blood pressure rising and butt starting to clench.
I will not miss that.
I doubt I will be missed by the locals.

Can you get in and out of a store with only the items on your list? If so, what is your secret? Better yet, what's the strangest thing you have walked out of a store with after going in for something specific?

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried using cash? I write a detailed list and use cash. It keeps me from overbuying. I think your challenge is great. I hope you can do something fun with all the money you save. You also will have less to clean and more time to enjoy life. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete