Monday, June 27, 2011

The Plan

The plan is to not buy anything other than necessities for an entire year.

July 2, 2011 to July 1, 2012

Now, some questions you may be asking yourself:

Are you crazy?


Probably, mostly just curious, I did a 30 day shopping challenge and found it quite rewarding. I noticed that I had more money in my pocket, more time on my hands and a lot less to stress about.
You see when you have less stuff, you have less to take care of, clean, worry about breaking, etc.

Are you going to buy ANYTHING?

Of course. Let's not go all psycho and assume that I can't EVER enjoy the Starbucks again. This isn't supposed to be torture. It's actually supposed to be fun, a challenge for me to think outside the box and maybe even learn a few things about myself (for starters, I may no longer be embarrassed stand entirely too close to you if you are holding a fancy coffee or even ask to try on your new shoes) .

What things can you buy?

Anything that I deem essential. That's the fun of making up your own game, you get to make the rules.
I will give myself leeway and room to learn. This is no longer a 30 day pledge. I am willing to go whole hog.

What about your family?

I will not force them to do this along with me. I promise to try not to buy things for them in order to appease the bargain beast inside of me.

Why, oh why would you do this?

So many reasons. The reasons are stacked on my bookshelves, stuffed in my closet, begging to be let out of space bags and boxes, straining against drawers and cabinets.

Stuff, so much stuff.

I'm tired of all the stuff.

I have too much.

I have an obscene amount of stuff.

and it makes me tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment