Saturday, January 21, 2012

Mt. Donation

I'm not kidding when I tell you that I am serious about cleaning out my clutter.
My office has turned into the waiting ground for the donation truck.
Granted, my Christmas tree is in there somewhere, but the rest is on its way out the door!!

Even The Boss has gotten into the spirit! Yesterday she gave me two full bags of items to get rid of.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I did go buy something this week. Actually, I bought a few things. Once again, I don't feel any guilt. I really wanted/needed these items. I went out with the express purpose of purchasing two new pairs of pants and a pair of shoes and that is exactly what I bought. I took on a new volunteer position and we have to wear a uniform, hence the needing of new pants.
The other item was not a need, but a want. There was a specific thing that I asked for for Christmas. I had not hinted or been vague about what I wanted, I had specifically asked for and even described this item. When the holiday came, I got something very close, but not exactly what I wanted. This week I happened across a picture of one in a magazine, the price was right, so I ordered it. I expected to feel guilty, confused or even angry with myself.
I'm not.
I'm excited, waiting for it to come in. I keep thinking that I hear the UPS truck rumbling down the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment