Monday, October 15, 2012

Burlap Lap Baby

For some reason, each time I see this wreath, I start singing Burlap Lap Baby (think Ice Ice Baby).

I don't understand how my mind works, but I feel that's for the best.

So, I have another wreath tutorial. I got this one from Pinterest. There are lots and lots of posts out there with burlap. It is hot right now.
Burlap table runners, burlap chair wraps for weddings, burlap bows and burlap monograms and wreaths.

This is a burlap bubble wreath and it was super simple, but a bit messy.

The first step was to cut strips out of my burlap. I bought two yards of burlap and cut almost all of it into three inch strips.

Then I cut each strip into three inch squares. Keep in mind that burlap is messy and kind of smelly in my opinion. All the fuzzy bits kept going up my nose and making me sneeze.


Now stack all your squares up and find something awesome to watch on television. I chose Arrested Development on Netflix again. That and 30 Rock seem to be my go-to shows for crafting.


Now you just take opposite corners and make little "bubbles". To put them on the wreath, I used long straight pins with large pearl heads. You have to get the large heads so that the pins don't go all the way through the burlap. 

Here she is all finished and waiting to be stolen up for people to admire.
I think I need to add a pretty bow, I think black, but I will play around with it. 

Also, I can now see how dirty my front door is.


No comments:

Post a Comment